Cool And Easy DIY Beer Bottle Candles
Beer bottles are one of the hottest items in the DIY world right now. Beer bottle upcycling has become its own form of art and glass bottle crafts are blowing up on Pinterest in a big way. This new popularity as a DIY item is due partially to the fact that the rise of craft breweries has led to increasingly beautiful and artistic glass bottles. It doesn’t hurt that drinking the beer to get the empty bottles is also a lot of fun!
If you want to get started and be a part of this hot trend, this video tutorial will walk you through everything you need to know in order to make your very own awesome beer bottle candles. To make your candles, you’ll need to get some basic items that you can find around your house or at any arts and crafts store:
- Your beer (or wine) bottle (with a painted-on label)
- Two pots for melting wax
- A glass cutter (or some yarn and rubbing alcohol)
- Candle wicks
- Hot glue gun
Now let’s get started!
- To cut the bottle, you can either use a glass cutter like the one used in the video, or you can use the easier method of using yarn and alcohol as seen in this nifty video.
- Once your bottle is scored, dunk it in cold water. If it doesn’t break it apart right away, alternate between dunking your bottle in hot water and cold water. The rapid change in temperature will cause the glass to break cleanly.
- Be careful because that glass is sharp! Use your sandpaper to carefully smooth out the edge of the cut bottle.
- Using your hot glue gun, attach your wick to the base of your beer bottle.
- Now it’s time to melt your wax. For best results, start by filling a large pot with water. Put your wax in a smaller pot and then place that smaller pot into the larger water-filled one so your wax pot isn’t directly on the stove. Turn your stove on to medium heat and allow the wax to slowly melt.
- Pour your wax into your bottle while making sure that the wick remains in the center of the bottle.
- Allow to sit and dry over night, and then cut away any excess wick.
There you have it, your very own beer bottle candles! These make amazing personalized gifts and the beer or wine lover in your life will love them!
Oops, something went wrong!!
266total visits,1visits today